Wednesday, January 5, 2011

It is 2011 and I am working on a Six Pack

That is my resolution for the new year.....a six -pack. My wife thinks it is pretentious but I am taking it anyway but that, I really am not sure I can do it at my age, almost 55, but it is the goal to keep me on workout.
I have been working out for about 6 months and am seeing results, weight loss, more muscle definition and bigger muscle as I do a lot of weightlifting. I read a number of articles that say that at my age I need more recovery meaning sleep and the right food and time between workouts so it is a learning experience. I have been reading about so called "Warrior workouts" like used for the movie "The 300" and am leaning that way for a leaner result rather then the "Body builder".
Now not to be out done by "The Situation"....for those not watching reality shows, "Jersey Shore", that is Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino, I am calling my present stomach "The Cause". If I achieve the six-pack it will be renamed "The Solution" or "The Amazement".
I have to clarify here, my wife is upset that I may be sending the message that I watch "Jersey Shore" on a regular basis. I do not, I watch it for material to use in my shows at the Vaudeville Cafe in Chattanooga, it is like a car wreck, you have to look sometimes.....Snookie is a wealth of good jokes and you see many young ladies dressing and looking like her be it on purpose or not!

So I just hope to stay in shape to outlast paying the "The Private Welfare Parasite" in Tiftonia when I am done paying that $1000 dollar a month state, Tennessee, ordered extortion, alimony, and only have to pay child support after that is finished.
But I do have a great life now, I have a bunch of Grand kids and great sons and lots of family so hey...Life is Good! Happy New Year!!! from me and "The Cause"

No comments:

Post a Comment